Public Affairs Intern
Clinton National Airport (LIT) is seeking college students and aspiring professionals who are interested in pursuing a career in Public Affairs. This internship will provide real-world experience of how public affairs and governmental relations impact Airport operations on a daily basis. Starting pay rate is $12 per hour and you will work between 15 to 32 hours per week. Flexible scheduling options are available to accommodate class schedules for students if needed (i.e. M/W/F or T/Th).
- Assist department with developing and executing communications campaigns.
- Draft written materials, including speeches, media advisories and releases and web copy.
- Plan and create content for website, social media platforms and e-newsletters.
- Monitor and reply to customer social media inquiries and coordinate service recovery as needed.
- Coordinate special events and assist with conference planning.
- Current students (preferably with at least junior standing), or recent college graduate, majoring in public relations, marketing, advertising or other related program.
- Demonstrative ability to undertake basic public relations writing assignments, and understanding of basic media relations skills. Previous related work experience is a plus.
- A working knowledge of computers, as well as word processing and database management software is necessary.
How to Apply
Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) a current resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the internship, school transcript if a current student, and a letter of professional recommendation from an academic or job related reference.